Commercial Roofing Services You Need
As a commercial building owner, you may be debating the best roof for your property. Many owners go back and forth about single ply roofing vs built up, among others. Depending on what your needs are, single ply roofing can actually be incredibly beneficial to your property. It is an inexpensive, highly-durable material that will provide energy efficiency and more to your building. To learn more about single ply roofing in Biloxi & Gulfport, MS, contact ECO Roofing at (877) 406-7663.
Single Ply Roofing Types
Single ply roofing types can be broken down into two categories:
Thermoset roofing, like EPDM, need tape or some kind of cement glue to adhere the material to a roof. Using heat will actually affect the compounds of the material, changing it and preventing it from performing at its best.
Thermoplastic roofing, like TPO or PVC, actually do use heat or welding to adhere and seal the material to a roof. That’s because this material goes back to its original compound state once it has cooled down. At the end of the day, it’s best to talk with someone about what would be best for your building. When you need commercial roofing in Mississippi, the best team to contact is ECO Roofing. They can help you with all kinds of roofing needs, including singly ply roof installations.
Single Ply Roofing Pros and Cons
Just like any other roofing structure, there are pros and cons to choosing a single ply roof. If it is something you are interested in, then we recommend going over the advantages and disadvantages with a roofing contractor. Someone that can help you get an understanding of what will be best for your building.
- Longevity: One of the biggest draws for single ply roofing is the fact that it can and does last so long. Most single ply materials can last upwards of 50 years. That is taking into consideration regular repairs and maintenance.
- Durability: Single ply roofing materials are incredibly durable. They can withstand constant exposure to the sun, smoke, rain, and more. That’s what makes this option so popular for commercial buildings.
- Easy Installation: Most single ply roofing is very easy to install. It generally comes in large sheets that can be quickly laid out and installed in a few hours. There are even some options that come in a spray form which makes installation even easier.
- Inexpensive: Probably the number one reason anyone chooses a single ply roof is the fact that it is inexpensive. Not just to purchase, but it’s also inexpensive to store, move, and install.
- Energy Efficient: A single ply roof is a great way to make your building more energy efficient. The material is generally white, which helps to reflect the UV rays from the sun during the summer months. Then in the winter, single ply roofing acts as an insulator, keeping warm air in.
- Questionable Longevity: Even though one of the biggest draws for single ply roofing is its longevity, there are some that question it. TPO, for example, doesn’t have as long of a life-span as EPDM does.
- Punctures: Though this material is incredibly durable, it is not resistant to punctures. When it is punctured or damaged, the UV rays, water, and more can cause serious damage to your roof.
- Improper Installation: Like any other roof, a single ply roof is only as good as the installation. Unfortunately, there are many in the industry that don’t know how to properly install a single ply roof. An improper installation can create major problems in the long run.
At the end of the day, you need to know that you are working with a reliable team of contractors. Having a group that can expertly install a single ply roof on your building will tilt the favor of how much you enjoy your single ply roof or not. It’s like when you need electrical services. The right technician will make the experience effortless and easy. The same is true when you work with the ECO Roofing contractors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is thermoset single ply roofing?
- Thermoset has to do with how the material can be bonded to other materials. A thermoset roofing material, like EPDM, can be adhered to other materials like a white roof coating even after the EPDM has cured.
- How long does single ply roofing last?
- Most single ply materials can last upwards of 50 years.
- What is a thermoplastic roof?
- A thermoplastic roof is generally made up of materials like TPO. They actually have an extra layer of protection, which helps add more stability and structure. Materials like EPDM don’t have this and require it during installation.
- What is single ply TPO roofing?
- TPO is a thermoplastic polyoefin roofing membrane that is made up of polyprophylene and ethylene-propylene rubber polymerized together. It’s a single ply roofing because generally only one layer is needed.
- What is EPDM roofing?
- EPDM stands for ethylene propylene diene terpolymer. It is a single ply membrane that is categorized as a thermoset roofing. That means it doesn’t have an extra layer of protection, but it can be adhered to other materials even after it has been cured.
- What is the difference between TPO and PVC roofing?
- There really isn’t much difference between the two, structurally. PVC is the preferred material because of how flexible it is and how well it works on commercial buildings with grease traps. But otherwise, both perform just as well as the other.
Contact ECO Roofing for More Information!
Do you need single ply roofing in Biloxi & Gulfport, MS? For that, rely on ECO Roofing! We are a leading roofing company in your area, dedicated to providing quality roofing services. Call us at (877) 406-7663 to schedule an appointment today.